1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by competitiveimageland, Jun 30, 2004.

1. competitiveimageland

competitiveimageland LawnSite Member

what kind of money could be made in this area with overseeding aswell and how would i charge ?
  2. Cutting_Edge_Lawns

Cutting_Edge_Lawns LawnSite Member

You are in a different market than us, so I don't know if this will be helpful or not. In the Tulsa market, an 8,000 sq ft city lot would price between $200-250 to aerate and overseed. We don't do much aerating, but I have done extensive research on the market prices in the area, and even considered buying an aerator this spring. Too busy though.... I would think that prices would be higher in your market.
  3. competitiveimageland

business is booming up this way and prices seem to be high for everything , this is why im trying to find out and see who is already involved with aerating and what th income is theyve made with it , was looking at the lesco 48 towbehind but ide have to pull this with my 61 bobcat ztr 25hp kawi
  4. Cutting_Edge_Lawns

Cutting_Edge_Lawns LawnSite Member

The lawns that seemed most profitable here were the smaller yards, at least in pricing competition. We were looking at a Blue Bird Aerator, gas powered unit because of the small turf areas we would be working in. Your properties may be larger. The highest return was on properties approx 6-8,000sq ft of turf. Just what we learned about here, may not apply to new jersey.
  5. competitiveimageland

ya, lookin at about 3/4 acre lot to 1 1/12 acre lots how to charge hourly or by job . ide have to go with a tow behind becuase im not about ready to go out in a feild makin 26 inch passes ide be there forever and it just wouldnt be cost efficient , but ive also got smaller lawns were i would be able to use a smaller machine but i dont think the people in the smaller lots are looking to spent the extra $$ to get the job done
  6. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

charge by job... i did areation this spring and charged 75 to areate and 75 to dethatch, i didnt over seed. boy i wish i would have!!! ah well, thats what next year is for!!! live and ya learn!!!

oh ya the lawns were about = to or > than 5000sq ft.
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I live close by so I will reply to this one...I get anywhere from $30 to $35 per 1000 sq ft to aerate and overseed.