Aeravate now?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by PLM-1, Jun 3, 2006.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

An HOA that i work for asked me to give them a price to aeravate. I already have in the contract to aeravate in October along with overseeding. Do you think there would be any reason to aeravate now and then again in the fall? Of course i don't mind doing it now, just don't want to over do it.

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I guess that if they have a lot of foot traffic, it would help w/ the soil compaction. I think a lot of athletic fields do it for this reason, not sure though.

3. PLM-1

I also forgot to mention that it is 3 year old sod that has never been aeravated, overseeded, ANYTHING!

4. carcrz

I got to thinking, don't know what your weather is like there right now, but if they are watering regularly & it isn't really hot, you may be able to swindle an aerate & overseed now & then do a touch-up in the fall.

5. carcrz

nevermind, just saw you were from Joplin - same weather as here in KC.

6. PLM-1

This property is in KCK

7. carcrz

I would probably try & talk them out of it unless for the foot traffic reason. Do they have drainage issues? I can't really see any reason for a HOA to need this service when it is so dry here already.

8. PLM-1

They do have strange "drainage". It was completed in stages and they don't really meet up.

9. carcrz

I guess do what they want.