Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LakeSide Lawn and Landscape, Sep 19, 2003.

1. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Was wondering if you guys that have areavators would sugest the seed box that goes with them?I like the seed box alot but it is almost 3 grand and if you have an employee they get paid to watch you do almost everything.I am mainly wondering if the results are better with the seed box or not???:confused:
  2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I have not used the seedbox, can't justify the cost. We usually double team the lawn anyway so no big deal. If I had LARGE properties then it might be a different story.

On second thought I aeravated and seeded 9 lawns today and got tired of walking behind that spreader, I really need to get my electric Lecso spreader attached to the Super
  3. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

I feel your pain, man. I cut 8 and aerated/overseeded/fertilized 6 yesterday. My body was pretty ticked at me today.

Tried a Lesco split-drive aerator with the 4hp honda. I wasn't impressed. I'm going to buy a JRCO spreader and maybe aerator for next year.

4. KirbysLawn

No, you worked much harder than me. I aeravated...not aerated, BIG difference. Screw aerating, too much work.

Here is a photo of the aeravator with the seedbox attached:

ae 80 with seeder.jpg
  5. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Whoa! I was definately on the wrong train of thought there, wasn't I?

O.K. Other than size of the machine, what is the difference between 'aeravating' and 'aerating'? Obviously since you have a seed box attached you are planting at the same time. I aerate and then overseed with a slit seeder. Any difference? Sorry to sound stupid with a question like this.

6. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

That must be tough to turn around on a residential lawn of 4000 sq ft. Ha Ha Ha. Heck You could do about 10 of my lawns at once with that machine.
  7. KirbysLawn

The Aera-Vator is powered by either a PTO or is self powered. The above photo was taken at a local trade show, it's not stated above I don't have a seed box.

The aeravator has soild tines that vibrate into the ground, works on the hardest soils. I have my own system that has proven to work great for me, aeration does not come close to the job aeravation does.

Here is a photo of mine with the Great Dane, I now pull it with a Super Z.

aeravator setup.jpg