Aeravator pictures. Gotta check this out!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by newlymowedlawns, Sep 28, 2008.

1. newlymowedlawns

newlymowedlawns LawnSite Member
    from NC

I have to give credit where credit is due. I have been in business for 12 years now. I would have to say this is one of the best investments I have made. I bought it about 5-6 yrs ago. I would never down a convintenal plugger but there is no comparison. For those of you who dont know an aeravator has vibrating, rolling action and puts a massive whole in the ground about 2- 2 1/2 inches wide and 4-5" deep. It also loosens the dirt between the holes. It is coreless and doesnt matter how hard the ground is. I start reseeding in August. The teeth are made out of Titanium. I have included a few picts. I also just got my buddy to weld a bracket to put my spreader on. Man that works great for my seed. Let me know what you think.

DSCN2225.jpg

DSCN2238 (Small).JPG

DSCN2244.jpg

2. Chris1594

Chris1594 LawnSite Member

looks really good and looks like it does a really good job I wish you luck with it.

3. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Would love to see that once the seed takes. Will you be able to post after pics?

4. newlymowedlawns

from NC

Thanks for the reply. It has made me alot of money through the years. Have you heard of an aeravator? Another thing I like about it is one pass and your done. it also lets 10-12 seed get in each hole. When its starts to come up it looks like a chia pet. Cha Cha Chia LOL

5. Chris1594

Chris1594 LawnSite Member

lol I forgot all about the chia pet I wonder if they still make them ah the good old days and im only 22 :-( other then that I deff can imagine that thing must be really good it looks it and sounds it from what you have said :waving:

6. newlymowedlawns

from NC

syzer,

I have some lawns that I did about three weeks ago that have come up nicely. I will take some picts this week when I go by there of all the holes filled up. I also will keep check on that pict in my post. It is here at my house behind the sheds. Thanks!!!!!

7. Kglenn04

Kglenn04 LawnSite Senior Member

damn evey1 needs on of thoses

8. newlymowedlawns

from NC

They work very well. I am glad I got mine when I did. I paid around 3900.00 for mine new. I dont even know what they are now. Does anyone know how much they are now? It is an AE 60. 5 foot model. Thanks

Newly

9. Kglenn04

Kglenn04 LawnSite Senior Member

I see how does this work whens the best time to use it??

10. newlymowedlawns

from NC

Any time you want. Believe it or not but there is no ground too hard, Just have to go a little slower. I have aeravated an area where over 70 concrete trucks ran over when they were addding an addition, swimming pool, drive to a back yard. They went around the house in the lawn. It came up awesome. I start aeravating and seeding in Mid August on my yearly contracts. That way by September I can start on my residental. Believe it or no it will also bust concrete if you hit it. After I first got it I hit the corner of a driveway and busted it right off. About a foot piece. So you have to be careful.

Newly