Aereation w/sprinkler system?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jocko1104, Apr 4, 2003.

1. jocko1104

jocko1104 LawnSite Member

Is this possible?

I am very hesitant. I feel the possibility of striking a line is fairly strong. Is this done?

2. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Have the homeowner mark all the sprinkler heads. They can manually turn on each zone and mark them. I have a customer who calls her sprinkler guy and he comes out and marks all of her heads. :) ;) :) ED

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I always have the owner mark the heads. If I hit them after marked its my fault. Can't be responsible for something hid though. Although, my aerators are completely unforgiving. They will hit the head and they will immediately shatter. As far as the lines, they should be well underground. At least 12" to 18". A 2"-3" plug will not hit them.

4. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

We too leave a can of white m.o. panit w/ homeowner. They paint ring around head (and box covers too where overgrown w/ turf).
    We use white, because the following are used by util co's here: blue, green, pink, orange, & yellow
    If you kill a marked out head - your fault. If you hit any pipe - irrigation co. or homeowner problem as irrigation line is not deep enough for whatever reason.