Aero Turbine Mufflers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Travis Followell, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Anyone know anything about these performance mufflers? I'm thinking of getting one for my '06 Cummins. Here's the website www.aero-turbine.com.

2. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

go over to cumminsforum & do a search there. I can't remember the results, but I know many have tried both - cut out the exhaust & put on that muffler.

4. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

Just leave the cat on, and get rid of the muffler. Sounds alot better like that.:drinkup:

5. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

no!! cut the kitty!! aeros are very good for the cummins. I would recommend them.

6. KTO Enterprises

It always amazes me the people that would recommend someone cut out a catalytic converter. For one it is bad for the environment. For two it is illegal and can net you a $20,000 fine and or jail time. Thats a criminal action.

A law is a law, regardless of if it stops the guy doing lawns and illegally using fertilizer, someone breaking into your house and robbing you, or someone breaking an emission law.

It still makes you a criminal.

7. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

weve already been thru this. for a gas engine yeh its bad, for a diesel no! before the 05s they didnt have cats on em!! diesels arent polutants. gas engines are.

8. KTO Enterprises

The thing is on a diesel there is stuff in the exhaust that is carcinogenic. The cat can burn that out.

Now i will say that cats will perform better now that the new ultra low sulfer diesel is out. I even scratched my head when i heard cats were coming on diesels. Oh yeah my 97 has a cat on it.

9. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

yeh those models had em, 99-03's didnt.

10. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Straight thru is cheapest, most efficient, keeps egt's coolest, and sounds great on the cummins.