1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

aerrating minimum?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by earthly, Mar 1, 2008.

1. earthly

earthly LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

what is your min charge?

i think ours is going to be 65-70 this year, lots of work and homeowner cant rent it for less. i hate to see guys doing it for 35-40. also we own the machine. just bought a new Ryan last spring and it is the best
  2. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldnt even take the aerator off the truck for 65-70 dollors
  3. earthly

earthly LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

whats your min then big fella
  4. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

It would be what ever i thought my customer would agree too, see thats the problem with so many of you guys you all worry way to much about a minumum or what some one else would charge.If these are your customers then who cares what someone else charges their customers?
    If your customer says yes then its a good price and if they say no then lower your price alittle but dont just go with what everyone else is charging. I mean your customer might be fine with a price of $125.00 you have to put every customer into perspective because one persons treasure is another persons trash.
  5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

our min is 90, most average lawns around here we do from 120-140. it is based on size and difficulty
  6. skip1718

skip1718 LawnSite Member

$37.50 per 1000 sg ft
  7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Wow skip you get a good price. For a 8K sq ft yard (avg homeowner) you get $300? Around these parts, would get $110-$125 for the same yard. I plan to do a little aerating with a price range of $12-$15 per K.
  8. AbsoluteCurbAppeal

AbsoluteCurbAppeal LawnSite Member
    from iowa

$12-$15 per 1000sqft min of $50
  9. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Im trying to somewhat compete with rental yards, because aeration is not very popular around here. Rental yards charge 45, Im charging 60 for the first hour and 50 each additional hour. Just did a job for 80 then the guy accross the street had me do his I got 70. It took just over 2 hours and may have another job on that street next week.
    I think at 60 you will beat the rental yard everytime. Seems the fellers in here are not satisified with 60 per hour but I am. I have a Bluebird aerator, it does a nice job but it wears your behind off.
  10. skip1718

skip1718 LawnSite Member

i handle alot of topdressing accounts and i will get 37.50 per 1000 sq.ft all day long