1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Affordable steam cleaner

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ted putnam, Jan 19, 2013.

1. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

This is more of a maintenance issue than mechanical.

I have 2 Z-sprays that get used heavily. They get really dirty and I try to clean them regularly. I'm looking for something that will help make that job a little easier and more thorough without breaking the bank.

Can anyone recommend a steam cleaner that can help me without costing me a couple of grand?? Something that could handle light "shop" duty.

Thanks for any info.

2. ricky86

ricky86 LawnSite Bronze Member

I looked for awhile. Wound up with a rather nice unit from Northern. It's used everyday in a busy retail shop.
    I too was looking for a bargain. I feel I found one, because name brands with similar components were $1000.00 - $1500.00 more. We paid approx $2000.00 4 yrs ago. -0- problems. I know its not the response you want, but a hot water pressure washer is a lot of machine to find very cheap.

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Have you tried hot water in your power washer;)

4. ted putnam

Thanks for the responses so far. The reason for the steam cleaner question is because of the low volume of water to get the same degree of clean. I want to be able to take the motor cover off and clean hidden areas without flooding the machine with water, so while the hot water suggestion is a good one for getting things clean, it will still flood sensitive areas with water. I have been searching online and have found a couple of quality units in the $700-1000 range and will continue to look.

5. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

6. ted putnam