Affordable Trailer builders in NE OH, NW PA

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by kc2006, May 2, 2005.

1. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm looking for trailer manufacturers in NE ohio NW PA, trying to find an affordable 14 foot trailer, single axle, no brakes. Theres a couple sales places around here but they're nuts, 1600 or more for a 14 ft trailer with no brakes or anything. Theres a guy on ebay that builds new 16 footers with a side gate and tandems i believe for 1195, but i dont feel like driving 12 hours.
  2. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

Route 77 and Fohl road, called Exit 99 Trailer Sales. You can get a 6.5x14 single axle, no brakes, with a 4' rear gate for $1115. Includes new tired and a treated deck. I'll be getting a new 16' tandem there soon.
  3. green814

green814 LawnSite Member

Pick up one of the free auto/rv books. There is a couple of places that advertise that may be about an hour or 2 (guessing) from you. One is Antique auto sales. They were about 10 miles north of the Mi/Oh border on I-75 if I remember correctly. Another is Joe's trailer sales south of Grand Rapids, Mi. I bought a 16 ta this year( no brakes, wrapped tongue & gate ) for $995. + tax. You may want to consider a tandem axle as it will ride a heck of a lot better down the road, as well as giving you a higher load rating if ever needed. Just a thought. Just thought of another place may be closer to you. Ed's trailer sales, they also advertise in the free auto/rv book. Good luck.
  4. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

try Appalation trailers. Salem,OH
  5. digg

digg LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I know its not the area you ask about but south east Ohio (Zanesville).
    6-1/2 x12 single axle for $975 and 6-1/2 x 14 tandem w/brakes $1425. treated decks. The phone number is (740) 704-5224.
  6. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I checked out exit 99, they seem like pretty good prices and they're only 45mins to an hour away which is nice.

looked at appalation and they didn't show any bigger then a 12' on their site.

Couldn't find a site for the ones in michigan.

I'm waiting for the guy on ebay to get back to me about delivering the trailer half way. It would be a 2 hour drive from my sisters house in columbus which isn't bad, thats if he drives half way, 1145 for a 16 footer with side gate and tandems is super cheap and i'd rather go that route but if he wants too much to deliver I might go to exit 99.