1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

affordable trailers out of GA

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by eco.lawns, Feb 9, 2012.

1. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Oh, I didnt pay a dime until I took delivery of it. Left town here on July 3, spent the 4th in chatanooga with friends, then went down to the border of tennessee on July 5th to take delivery. Showed up to the office to find it completely abandoned and no one to take calls on the day after the holiday. Luckily I was able to get ahold of my parents and they got on my email and found the home office number. Owner answered and promised I would have my trailer a few hours later. Well, after driving around on $4 a gallon gas all day and walking the isles of walmart for a few hours, the trailer was still no where to be found. The most redneck, lowlife guy and his son finally showed up at midnight with my trailer! His truck hood actually flew off and put a small dent in the diamond plate on the front of my new trailer! Cost me an extra day and a few hundred extra bucks overall but I only lost $50 when the trailer was totalled 2 years later and I upgraded from a 12' trailer to a 16' v nose so I just kinda laugh when I think about the whole ordeal.
  2. eco.lawns

eco.lawns LawnSite Member

Down2 earth seems to be a different company from looking at their website
  3. Ben I

Ben I LawnSite Member

the brand of the trailer your talking about on eBay is diamond cargo I looked into them also. ended up ordering a trailer locally from a company in GA called covered wagon for about 500 more than the 3750 and don't have to drive to GA and get it!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. eco.lawns

eco.lawns LawnSite Member

I will have to look into covered wagon. Do they sell factory direct or via dealerships?
  5. Ben I

Ben I LawnSite Member

I'M not sure. . ordered mine through a dealer but you can check
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. EverestLandscape

EverestLandscape LawnSite Member

I'm in jersey and got mine from GA. 7x16 vnose $3,250 shipped. This spring will be four years of having it and the only thin replaced is the wood flap on the door but that gets beat to hell. Mine is a Freedom Trailer brand but sounds like the same stuff.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. ygim

ygim LawnSite Senior Member

Bought a traier 24 ft vnose had for three years now not sure if it same company freedom