1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

After 1 year

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by iclgs, Feb 11, 2003.

1. iclgs

iclgs LawnSite Member

After one year I have 17 customers 4 of these are commercial. After on year what did other people have?? Please indicate to me wether this is good or I need to work harder?
  2. Green430

Green430 LawnSite Member

I had about 45 customers at the end of my first year, but I live in a metropolitan area. By the end of my 2nd year I went up to 150.
    Hope that helps.
  3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

That is great as long as you are happy, planning on how to get future grow and are saving money. I started out part time and ended up with a little more residential work then you have but no commercial the first year. Keep up the good work and yes you always have to work harder.

4. iclgs

iclgs LawnSite Member

Thanks, Imlay city is a small town. Hopefully this next year can be a year of growth!!
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Depends on your area. If your happy with how hard you worked and the customer service you did, that is all that counts. You did your best. If you feel like you didn't leave it all on the field then you need to work harder. Its more about you personnally.

I love the quote by Henry Ford that John Allin uses. "If you think you can, or you think you can't, your right."
  6. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

Thats not a bad start. Now just try to concentrate on growing where you are already mowing, before you know it you will have 4-5 houses clustered in each area. The more accounts you have the easier it is to get new ones, atleast it seems that way to us.

good luck
  7. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

It all depends on your area. I started with 5 properties in one neighborhood in 2000. I now have 14 in the that same neighborhood, plus 5 other maintenance accounts, plus 20 other property management accounts. All but 1 in the same town.