After 2 years Ive figured out my T-230

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toroguy, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Today I realized why Im not running a Fortune 500 company.

As I reloaded string into my Shindaiwa T-230 and ran across the same difficulty getting the string threw the holes and the spindle to sit right...I decided to install it upside down. After doing so, I realized that upside down was the correct way to load it. I have been cussing at this and installing it backwards for nearly two years.

Boy what a difference it makes when you do it right! Its like a new trimmer.

2. the point man

the point man LawnSite Member

.... almost makes me want to admit some of the bonehead
    things I've done. Almost.

3. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

2 years. Nice one Toroguy

My life is full of this shi#.
    The stories bring pants-wetting laughter to my Wife.

Roger

4. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Making a mistake can be funny, making the same mistake for nearly two seasons...I needed some public humiliation to set it in memory.

First day with my properly rotating and cutting T230 was very nice.

5. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

That is pretty funny..............Kinda reminds me of all those talk shows on TV where people go on and spill their guts about personal sh$%. Why would anyone go public with that!!!!!!! But you already answered that.
    Takes guts, thanks for sharing.:D

6. Ricky

Ricky LawnSite Member

Thanks for that Toroguy. Posts like this makes me feel more normal :D

7. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Thanks for the chuckle! :D

Does anyone else think that it is strange that a company as reputable as Shindaiwa would design a spool that would even fit upside down?

Are other "high end" trimmers this way too?

I'm wanting to get a Shindaiwa or a Redmax...once my Homelites wear out (go ahead and laugh at me now :) )...2 years and still going strong. You CANNOT put the spool in upside down in them because of the way the spring is on them...it just wont fit.

Thats a nice trimmer you got there, Toroguy...glad you got it figured out! Kinda like having a new one, I bet.

Peace, y'all!

8. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I still can't load my t230. we are switching to an echo type head. Dave g

9. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

go to http://www.sufix.com/garden.html and you will find the best trimmer heads complete with seperated dual line feed. easy to load and no string binding. they are available at lowes in some areas. I buy extra spools from sufix and pre-string them so all we have to do is change out spools. universal fit kit comes with the unit. I use on shindiawa t-230 and kawasaki kbl23a

10. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

I run shins also.I have replaced all my trimmer heads w/green machine heads.I just bought 2 new trimmers-t260 and a t 230.just jot them switched over last week.they work great.