after 7 days of rain, forecast worsens...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassmanvt, May 18, 2006.

1. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this. Its been raining on and off here since last Friday, more rain expected through Monday, and this is Sunday's forecast.

Hi 57 F
    Lo 39 F
    Mostly cloudy; scattered showers; some mountain snow overnight

I didn't make this up,copied from a local weather site today, 5-18.

2. lowballer17

lowballer17 LawnSite Member

It has rained here at least once per day or night since last Thursday. It is currently raining now. Put on the gator blades and keep cutting

3. grassmanvt

Been cutting every day, the part that got me was the snow, a little insult to injury.

4. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Grassmanvt.... better hook back up your plow!!! Grass must be geting long with all the rain and your mowers must be dirty and muddy!!! Temps are cool down here to 50s to 60s but usually just been getting afternoon rain. You far behind schedule this week???

5. grassmanvt

A little behind but miraculously, not too bad. Pooring out there as I type this. Mowers are filthy and caked with mud and grass.The weekly scrub down is gonna suck. So far, both guys have got a mower stuck this week.

6. lawncare18

ahah no good when mowers get stuck grassmanvt.. take some pictures of them before you wash them off for us to enjoy

7. lawncare18

How many accounts you up to this year grassmanvt?

8. grassmanvt

similar to last year, probably somewhere around 65-70 stops, unit/ building wise, probaly closer to 100. We do everything from tiny residences to cemetaries, a hospital, apartment buildings, and a condo asscociation. With a little better/more consistent help this year I might even add a few more when the weather clears. Got a few estimates to do and just took back one building, whether I wanted to or not. Not a big deal though.

9. lawncare18

Thanks grassmanvt... just snap some photos tomm of how wet and muddy all the equip is..

10. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

We cut in the rain today (not pouring) and though it was my first time in the rain we were fine. Kept the dust down though I still got very dirty, my hands were green.