1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

After a Hard-Days work, how do u guys wind down?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kevin Graham (KG), Sep 1, 2000.

1. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Get home, make dinner, putter about the garden (!), give the kids a bath put them to bed then check out Lawnsite til the 3 year old stops making excuses to keep geting out of bed then shower hit the hay and *poof* morning again.
  2. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Finally broke down (my body) and order a hot tub. That combined with family and a few cold buds will wind something.
  3. SLSNursery

SLSNursery LawnSite Senior Member

Its friday about 4:45 and I just lit up a good cigar (this one's not cuban, but the rest are). The beer will be cold in a few minutes, and we'll relax before everyone heads out (I still have 2 crews out on the road). Then I'll go home and try to get some couch time or play time with my daughters. (I don't smoke cigars at home so I try to sneak a few in at the shop). And, we're closed on labor day this year. Have a nice weekend!
  4. cuttin

cuttin LawnSite Member
    from nj

Dinner and cold Molson Golden!!!
  5. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I wish I could roll in my money...no just grab a beer and dip into the pool.
  6. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Well my wife is a stripper and she invites her freinds over who are strippers to and they perform for me.....or wait maybe that was my dream....HAHAHA!!!!!
  7. dhicks

dhicks Member

I like taking a nice long shower, then hit the hot tub with a nice Miller De-Light, and then fire-up a Monte or LaGloria Cubana. Then its time for dinner and my foot rub. I love it! The foot rub is only a dream.
  8. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

Enjoying ice cold beer while I pull maintenance on the equipment and get the trucks and trailers loaded for tomorrow. If I try to do paperwork during drinking hours the pen seems to get really heavy!
  9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

First thing after stepping in the door is a nice hot shower. Doesn't matter how hot it was outside that day, I still need the hot water. Opens up the pores and makes me feel clean. Then a couple glasses of iced tea. Can't live without my tea.

10. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Usually after cutting grass, I go home and get ready to go work at the Saturn plant for 8 or 9 hours on second shift. I got laid-off in June, just in time for the summer!