After all the trouble, I'm still not licenced!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by dobehap, Dec 19, 2003.

1. dobehap

dobehap LawnSite Senior Member

I felt the need to expand my business into the spaying biz, so I think what should I do ,what should I do. My wife tells me I'm crazy, and that I will poison myself and those around me. She din't want a part in this business so, I thought I should regardless of her opinion.
    I start spraying few accounts, and think to myself I cant do this, I cant do this, well I can, but I read the horor stories of the fines, dangers, and I find out that I need a licence....but I'm an honest guy .... So I go dig up phone numbers, get them to send me a form, I fill out a form, I send the form in (and a check)....
    -they send me the books (4 of them) I read the books (many days)... I go through the stress (wife's mad now) I got to take the test, wife said I'm crazy. I schedule for the test, and take time off work (more money) - drive to take the test, take the test- they keep me in suspence for 4 weeks, then they send me a letter telling me : since I passed the test, I get to send them more money for the licence.... (wife says great, more money we have to spend that we dont have) Well I send them the letter
    and the money, and yesterday -finally I get a nice green letter from the pesticide board, I open it up, and there it is- MY WIFES LICENCE,
    yes my wifes name is on it, with no trace of MY NAME on IT ANYWHERE.

I told my wife she will spray for me now.

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

weird, how did her name get on it, are you partnership?

3. dobehap

Nope, business is set up under sole pr.

I'm still trying to figure it out myself!

4. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Who signed the check?
    Crawdad

5. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 LawnSite Senior Member

That's a hoot!! Didn't you have to send some documentation for the state to issue the license properly? You can get this corrected, but may take awhile. Merry Christmas.

6. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

Untill you get it taken care of you should be fine spraying under her licences (in most states, not sure about N.C.)

7. dobehap

I did.

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I'm reading that post and wondering where it's going, and then I get to the end! LOL! That's too funny!
    Especially seeing as your wife was so against the whole thing.

Anyway, good to see you did the right thing and got your license.
    Hope it proves worthwhile for you. Good luck.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That IS very odd. The registration would have your name on it,... and so would the proof of insurance with the pesticide rider policy on it as well. I thought you have to have experience working for someone prior in N. Carolina, like you do here in Michigan to get licensed? Maybe I'm wrong....

10. vegomatic40

vegomatic40 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 6

Guys..We are talking about a state/government agency here. If it can be screwed up, they will do it and then some. The only thing these organizations produce is huge piles of paper (ever see the enviro-tree-huggin-wackos protest against the literal forests they have destroyed?). I've seen people issued certification/licensing in the wrong categories, denial of points when they lose information etc. If only they were forced to run it like a business...