after dimension how long to seed?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lfthk1, May 4, 2008.

1. lfthk1

lfthk1 LawnSite Member
    from ma

Do I really need to wait 4 months after using Dimension to aerate and seed. Have one client with alot of compaction. Wanted to aerate and seed with starter fert next week. Its been 4 weeks, but was just reading I need to wait 4 months??? true or false
  2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Here's what it says from the label of Dimension 2ew......

Reseeding, Overseeding, or Sprigging
    Reseeding, overseeding, or sprigging of treated areas within 3 months
    after a single application of this product, or within 4 months after a split
    application program totaling more than 4.5 teaspoons per 1000 sq ft
    (2 pints per acre), may inhibit the establishment of desirable turfgrasses.
    However, overseeding of Bermudagrass with perennial ryegrass 8 weeks
    after an application or as early as 6 weeks after application if slight injury
    to perennial ryegrass can be tolerated is a recommended exception.

So, go ahead, reseed. Then you can do it all over again in 4 months.

Labels are your friend. Do what it says on the label of the product you used.
  3. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I push most of my clients to wait until the fall anyway. Its the best time to seed.

I have found that many clients are happy to hear someone give them sound advice, especially since it means I am waiting to put money in my pocket. It makes them trust you throughout the rest of the season.
  4. Greenery

Greenery LawnSite Senior Member

If you want to overseed I would definitely wait. If you just need to spot seed just apply a inch or two of fresh topsoil and seed away.
  5. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

Why did you put down Dimension if you felt the lawn was compacted and needed to be seeded?

You might as well wait till fall now.