after market engine tuning?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by steelcity, Mar 18, 2006.

1. steelcity

steelcity LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Hi everyone! i was reading an ad in a local newspaper claiming if i did this computer tuning to my truck it would increase power and mileage 10% - 30%. I am wondering if any of you have done this and what were your results? I am thinking not so much on the power side(although every bone in my body wants this) but the way gas prices have been to save even 10% would help me out over a season. My truck is an 01 silverado 2500hd.

2. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

My dad has an aftermarket computer chip in his 2500 HD and is really pleased with it. He is always taking off with a lead foot and passing people just to feel the power. Actually, it is pretty impressive. I haven't been in the truck without the chip though so I can't compare. All I know is that he is still excited about it.

3. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

i changed out the exhaust and intake on my truck before reprogramming it. letting it breath better made a bigger diffrence than the chip. the program was just the icing on the cake.

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Those chips can increase power, or increase milage. But you will find you have to pick either one or the other.

5. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Head over to gm-trucks.com and search wait4me, westers or hypertec. Tons of information over there on tuners. I plan to get the wat4me tune pretty soon...