After market gas savers on mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Acute Cut, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, so i am NOT a gear head here so i may just end up providing mUCH humor i am sure. But there are posts floating around about different accessories to improve your trucks power and gas milage. i.e. some sort of device that improves the air intake to make it more efficient and so on.

Can we put any of these things on our mowers?
    Stupid question i am sure, but the idea seems cool.

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

As soon as Consumer Reports says that one of these devices actually works I'll try one.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Tornado---it doesn't work!!!!

4. Acute Cut

really? wow, i am glad i asked. I was planning on buying one this summer to try it. Glad we got you around hoss. :D

The chip is still good right?

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Chips can work on some and don't on others. Be very careful. Some dealerships will tell you adding the chip or reprogramming can void the warrenty.

The tornado's I've seen on several news shows telling how they don't work as advertised.

6. Acute Cut

Well, ill just keep chroming the engine one piece at a time. My friends says the chrome cuts down on air drag and helps it to go faster. Glad he is my friend. (This was a test of your joke taking abilities. If this was not a joke test flamage would have followed.) LOL:D

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

:cool2: Think I have some friends like that too. haha

8. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

I hear superchargers and turbos work :D Now, i'm thinking if we can get exmark to start giving us some options like the turbo, we will get our work done in half the time. :D Think about it. We will only work till 2:00. We can go home, hop in the pool, have a beer, and all will be well. :)

9. Acute Cut

the sad part is i dont think many would actually go home. Most would just get more jobs and just keep on a truckin. I know i would

10. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

K&N air filters there great!