after market hydro filter for Lazer-Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Joemowz, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Joemowz

Joemowz LawnSite Member

I'm looking for after market hydro filter #'s for my Lazer Z. The filter calls for 10 micron element. The factory # is Ex-Mark 513211. Cross reference to Fram or Purolator,Napa,etc.
    thanks, Joe

2. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy hydro filter from the factory. I have purchased aftermarket replacement filters in the past and they did not appear the same internally so I threw them away and bought the factory ones.
    Its not worth damaging the system for a filter which is only replaced once a year.

3. bunky

bunky LawnSite Member

I have to agree For the price difference it's not worth it, If you have to fix the Hydro.....

4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Want to give Exmark a real good reason to void you hydro warranty???? Alot of engine oil filters will screw on the filter base but, you need a suction type filter not a pressure filter. Exmark uses a 10 micron filter rating. The hydro filter change is a once annually change. What are you going to save made $10-$12, not worth risking.

5. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

6. Joemowz

Joemowz LawnSite Member

Fareway- thanks, I bought 3 of Landscaper Supply Hydro filters but I think after listening to you guys I'll go back to my dealer for the Ex-Mark hydro filter.
    Hope you have a good season, Joe

7. johnbast3

johnbast3 LawnSite Member

Don't want to bust any bubbles,but an hydro filter of 10 micron is an hydro filter of 10 micron..In other words,a factory filter isn't any better..However,you must use an hydro filter,not an oil filter..

8. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

From what I understand 10 microns can have different flow rates & surface areas so one 10 micron filter may not be as good as another. The paper area & cylinder holes on some of the aftermarkets I got that were not oil filters were different than eXmark OEM.

9. Florida 5 Star

Florida 5 Star LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Hey I got a question why are we using mobile 1 synthetic "oil" in out Hydro system and then worry about a hydro filter as opposed to a oil filter if the filter is rated at 10 microns what in tarnation is the difference?

10. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

Florida, the hydro filters need to filter finer particles than the oil filters hence the 10 micron..