1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

after market hydro filters for Lazer Z

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Joemowz, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Joemowz

Joemowz LawnSite Member

I'm looking for after market hydro filter #'s for my Lazer-Z. The book calls for 10 micron element. The factory # is Ex-Mark 513211. Cross reference to Fram, Purolator,Napa, etc.
    thanks, Joe

2. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

Joe
    If you have a local NAPA store. Take the numbers to them and they should be able to cross reference it to a WIX or NAPA (same filters).

3. Joemowz

Joemowz LawnSite Member

Lyn- Do you think its OK to use after market hydro filters?
    thanks, Joe

4. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

I have never had a problem with running after market filters on any of my equipment. 99% of the time the local NAPA auto parts store will have a filter to fit.

Napa filters are the same exact thing as a Wix. The only difference is the part number will be a little different.

Example take say a Wix with the part number 5301. NAPA's number will be something like 50-5301.

5. Joemowz

Joemowz LawnSite Member

Lyn, thanks for your help. I'll do just that, I'll check out NAPA, also checking out another source. I'll let you know. Did NAPA know how many microns their filters were?

6. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

if your exmark is under warranty use an exmark filter no use haveing a problem at the dealer should it need to be repaired
    i am a dealer and hydro gear wont pay us if it has been dry run
    by low fluid flow and they will know it is easy to see in the wear pattern

7. Joemowz

Joemowz LawnSite Member

Sawman, my mower is out of warrenty but I understand your point. I'm just thinking like my Dodge recomends only "Mopar" replacement parts and filters, batteries,etc. I only use Fram filters, Die Hard batteries,etc. Same thing no? - Joe

8. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

it may be the same but i just dont like to take a risk like that it could be costly i sell and work on the exmark and have never used an after market hydro filter and have never had one go down, so i look at it from that point of view
    i do however use after market oil filters where microns are not an issue

9. Joemowz

Joemowz LawnSite Member

That makes sence Sawman, thanks

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

NO, get the OEM filters for the hydro system. Heck you only change it every 500 hours. Can't see why anyone would cut corners on something that rarely changed. Why take any chances???? Oil filters and hydro filters are not made with the same quality.