1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

After Market Suspension Seat – Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nathannc, May 13, 2008.

1. nathannc

nathannc LawnSite Member

Love my 61" Exmark ZTR but hate the ride. I have contemplated getting a Ferris but am wondering if a good quality suspension seat would do the trick. I am looking for a high quality seat at a good price. Any recommendations?

I found this seat at mowerseat.com at a price of $289.00. Here is the description. What do you think??

Turfglider Suspension Seat

Our premier seat includes the patent-pending
    Terrain JockeyTM Suspension System!

- Terrain JockeyTM Suspension attenuates low frequency vibration.
    - Contoured back & seat with side bolsters for extra support.
    - High resistance foam with Ultra-FreshTM moisture protectant.
    - Marine-grade vinyl in 2-tone black & grey.
    - Flip-up arms with polyurethane comfort pads.
    - Auto-grade hardware & powder coated metal parts.
    - Delta 6520 n/o double pole seat switch.
    - Heavy duty, low profile seat sliders.
    - Standard deck bolt pattern [11" x 11 1/4"].

Dave in NC
  2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

The Michigan suspension seat at Northern tool is a great buy at about $319 plus shipping but is black. Air you tires down to 9 psi, that will help and won't hurt the cut. Nothing is going to make an Exmark ride too good.

I have an original seat with the suspension kit I'm thinking about putting on Ebay. My dealer ordered a full suspenion seat for me for $500 after some hagling. It is the same seat as Northern sells but grey.
  3. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

This is it....... http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200268424_200268424