After project Thank you gifts

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by pete scalia, Nov 30, 2007.

1. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

The way to get more referrals is to give your customers a gift. Not if and when they give you referrals—that’s too late. Give them a gift when you ASK them for the referrals. In fact, to put an “exclamation point” on the terrific job you just did for them, why not send them a gift that says THANK YOU, and simultaneously ask for referrals. This allows you to invoke the law of reciprocity, which states that if you give something to somebody, they will feel obligated to give you something back. How about some referrals!

What are you giving your customers by way of Thank you gifts which have stimulated referrals?

2. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Some of our larger client's enjoy a "lighting ceremony"... where my Wife and I will show after dark with a bottle of vintage Veuve. We pop the cork, and take a tour of the property...

For others, who prefer less ceremony, I will install a very special fixture such as the 18K Goldeliter, or some other signature piece.

The best deserve the best, and my client's fit that description.

3. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

Great observation Pete. I've given gifts of appreciation in the past, but I've never looked at it from this perspective. Good point!

4. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

OK here is the best gift you can offer!!

What you do is take a stunning picture of the home lit up. You imprint your name and the homeowners name such as

The Jones Residence
    Outdoor Lighting By Pistol Pete Scalia

You blow it up and have it printed on canvas and then have it put in a frame. It could cost you a hundred bucks or so but for the right job and the right homeowner this is a great gift to give. They will ahng it in their home or take it to their office but they will alwys put it in a place that can be viewed.

We have done this in the past for clients that alowwed us to perform an Illuminations at their home or for homeowners who allowed us to perform training on their home. It always goes over well.

Thats my secret of the day!!

5. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

Great Tip Joe.

6. JoeyD

well and if you have someone who wants less ceremony you could always offer them the 24k gold Solid Brass Pulsar.

[​IMG]

7. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Pretty Shnazzy.

8. eskerlite

eskerlite LawnSite Member

I just bought 5 cases of Blackstone Merlot wine to give to all my clients and suppliers. Been doing it for 40 years.
    Sean C.

9. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

What a cool and novel (but not so unique) idea Joey! (I'm laughing here)

Now, how about doing that to a path light, something that can be seen and appreciated by the client as they walk past it day and night. My sites here would eat that bullet uplight up and it would never be appreciated.

Gold Deliter.jpg

10. JoeyD

I thought about using a pathlight James but fact is gold plated or not once that bird sits and takes a huge dump on it becomes just a pathlight with a crap on it!

LOL

Honestly we are doing this just for fun. We are thinking about a new display for our factory and we would like to have a gold plated version of every fixture we carry a patent on. We would do this just for fun. But if someone wanted it and wanted to pay for it I will gold plate whatever you want.