After project Thank you gifts

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by pete scalia, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Sweet! I love that guy.

2. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

I have an agreement with the owners of my favorite restaurant. My wife makes a special card for the client. It tells them to take it to this restaurant and enjoy a wonderful dinner for 2 with all expenses paid. We cover everything including the bar tab and the tip. So far, they've never spent more than $100!!

I have also taken clients to dinner. This has also been well received and it helps build those relationships.

3. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

By Placing the lamp that close to the ground there is no way to avoid hot spotty lighting. I'd rather fall off a dock of my own power than trip over that stub of a fixture on the ground that is an accident waiting to happen. Better have great liability coverage when installing that one.

4. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Better be able to swim as well.....what if it was a young child who tripped?

5. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Hundreds installed, never an issue tripping on the INTEGRAliter. It is about the same size as a dock cleat, which have been around and mounted on the edge of docks for years with no problems. Basically, if you venture that close to the edge of a dock you were probably heading in for a swim anyway.

Positioning is important of course, these are mounted on the very edge of the dock so as to light not only the surface in a nice soft spread ( I use a 10W lamp and sometimes a frost lens) as well as grazing the edge of the dock to ease finding and tying up after dark.

Say what you will guys, the product is a hit, is CSA approved for its application, and is very popular with my clients.

6. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

And I assume you power them up with a UL 1563 Pool and Spa rated transformer plugged into a GFCi receptacle. Whose Pool and Spa did you use??

I make one if you need to retrofit!!!

7. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

James, How far will those babies project the light across the docks? How much seperation do you need between lights ideally to spread it out right? I like the non-glare aspect of those lights. I wonder if you were to put some sort of a fresnel type lense in it, if it would project the light out more than directly under the fixture.

8. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

Joey that's a good point. I couldn't live with myself if I placed a monstrosity that could cause harm to children. I bet it gets so hot that if a child touched it. heaven forbid I don't even want to think about it.

9. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Pete... you never cease to amaze me...

10. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

It all depends on the application really. I like to use them to delineate the edge of the dock and to act as a navigation,identification and docking aid after dark. It isnt unreasonable to space them on 8' centers but I have many on 12' centers and they work just fine. Sturdy as can be too. I have stepped on them, and even seen boats tied to them with no issues.

I like your idea of using an optical lens to spread the light... could be interesting!