After root ball removal: best backfill method

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by dovetail, Sep 18, 2010.

1. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

its funny how you think only you can have an opinion.

2. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

sometimes he makes sense but most of the times he thinks his answer is the only one

3. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

you had your opinion, he had his. with the variation of locations, and standard practices of people on this site theres gonna be a million opinions. and opinions are like a$$ holes, everyone has one.

4. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Really dude, I didnt write / state anything that depicts such. Go into something with negative eneregy and you'll come out with negative results. In other words, perhaps your negative attitude is hindering you from comprehending otherwise.

I simply shared how we do something. Something we have performed numerous times, something that is not *theory* for us. Don't like it? Then roll your eyes and scroll down to the next post in the thread.

"its funny how you" have an issue with someone sharing and trying to help.

Life is short my friend, go out and have yourself some fun.......

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  5. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

i love when people have time to make 6,000 posts in a couple years on here. i need to spend more time at home i guess.

6. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

This site is unreal. Your both right. No one else should have an opinion.

7. joes169

joes169 LawnSite Member
    from WI

I'd be curious as to the reasoning. Here, regardless of the supplier, it's only 60-70% the cost of a footing mix. Have you ever asked why it's so expensive?

8. DVS Hardscaper

Sorry bud, I never asked. The last time we needed to fill something was last year this time. In a MD subburb right outside of DC. THe flowable fill was pricey so we went with footer mix and watered it down. In all reality, for what we were doing - it worked perfect.

9. shooterm

shooterm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I hate when people use concrete as fill. Use the same fill material that comes out of the area. I know people dont want to hear this but ten years from now its quite possible your patio will come out again. Also its quite possible someone down the road will modify the area by some means.

10. DVS Hardscaper

So if the soil is heavy clay, such as the creator's of this topic - you should backfill it with clay because that's what came from the area??