Aftermarket Air Filters

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by PM Baker, Mar 28, 2005.

1. PM Baker

PM Baker LawnSite Member

Bought online an Aftermarket air filter for Kawi 27hp L/C, price was $27 (includes pre-filter). Compared it to Original Kawasaki which costs $38 (with pre-filter). NO COMPARISON!!!! Aftermarket filter has much less filter area. It's a ridiculously inferior product. BUYER BEWARE!

If an aftermarket supplier can't make the same quality, then they should not make it, period.

When I was in the aftermarket parts business, we used to copy every detail of the Original (why spend money to reinvent the product, when it has already been designed/tried/tested/proven for us by the Original Manufacturer?), and offered the product at 1/2 of the Original's cost to the distributor. What sold the product was the quality.
  2. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Get the Donaldson part# off the original filter and go to an auto parts store or industrial equipment dealer. I buy mine from Caterpiller dealer for $12.00. Toro wanted $25.00 for same filter.
  3. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Just checked. Donaldson part# P822686 is $13.91 at Fabick Cat in Springfield Mo.
  4. randy448

randy448 LawnSite Member

What's the name of the filter co?
  5. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I believe that filter is $12.55 at, order 6 of them or mix and match other filters for free shipping, there wix filters. :)