Aftermarket blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Indiana, Jul 20, 2001.

1. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

I did a search for aftermarket blades and there have been alot of discussion already about blades.

However, No one has said where they get their OEM or aftermarket blades. I have MOWMORE & Greenline catalogs.

Will the blades they sell work on my Walkers.

I have a 1996 Walker T w/48" GHS deck, a 1994 Walker C w/42" GHS deck, and a 2000 48" Side discharge deck. I need extra blades for all of them.

I have checked my blade lengths, hole size, and other specs. Some match the Greenline and Mowmore blades. Some don't.
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I get all of my blades from

They do have blades that are not online and it's a 1-800 number so if you don't see what you want give them a ring.

WALKERMOW LawnSite Member

mowmore is a great place to buy blades
    i am running their gator mulching blades they work great ..cut a little slower but less dumping..try them good prices too!!
    local dealer get 15.00 a blade
  4. kroll

kroll LawnSite Member

Ihave bought aftermarket blades from many
    different places not very good luck.
    The other day I bought some highlifts from NAPA yea the autoparts store. they have been great they
    are as good as OEM 1/2 the cost.
  5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I have used both typs of blades on my Walker GHS unit and think the OEM blades do the best job.

6. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies. I am going to try some aftermarket blades.

My Walker dealer is really sorry, doesn't stock anything and doubles every Walker price. WO!

I'll try mowmore and landscaper's supply.
  7. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I think that you will be disappointed using after market blades on a Walker. Unlike some blades for other brand mowers, the after market blades for a Walker are .160 of an inch thick. The original blades are at least .192 inch thick. A noticeable difference.

They will not wear or last as long as a OEM blade. So in the long run you will spend about the same for after market blades as you will for original.

But this is just my opinion. I have tried after market blades and this is the results I came up with. I have been using Walkers mowers since 1996, and I will not use aftermarket blades. It is more economical for me to use original blades from Walker.

Your results may vary.

If you are having a problem with your Walker dealer, a call to Bob Walker can sometimes get problem dealers fixed. :)

8. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

JJ Lawn:

I use Walker OEM blades, 48",at $20.00 per blade. What are you paying ?? I am going to buy by the box in the future. I currently have 9 sets of blades in use. Change every day.

9. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

The last blades I bought for my 48" GHS deck were $15.60 +tax each. These are original Walker blades. My Walker dealer is also a JD dealer and they are notorious for being high priced. $20.00 seems a little high. I would squack about that. :)

10. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Any of you Walker owners tried Silver-Streak blades??? I've been running Silver-Streak OEM replacements on my Lazer and find that their quality is as good as or better than OEM blades. Silver-Streak is the OEM blade supplier for alot of commericial mower manufacturers.:) ED