1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Aftermarket Hedge Trimmers Blades!!!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by studebaker48, Oct 13, 2010.

1. studebaker48

studebaker48 LawnSite Member

I found a company that sells aftermarket hedge trimmer blades. I ordered a pair of Sthil blades today. They have a 1 year warranty i couldn't believe it. And they are made in USA. I called and talk to the people at Prune pro. the blades are to limit the amount of browning on shrubs tips and the edge stays sharper than factory. the blades are heat treated after the edge is put on.:usflag:

Thought i would share with everyone.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  2. greensolutions1

greensolutions1 LawnSite Member

they look cool, but i dont see any 30 inch blades yet, keep us updated on their performance
  3. honeydopm

honeydopm LawnSite Senior Member

Why dont you just say your a rep for the company and your marketing it?
  4. studebaker48

ha i wish. last time i will share a good product. i was excited to find a product like this. I thought i would be good to support ya know USA a products.:usflag:
  5. studebaker48

i will do that. i hope they are good too.
  6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Have you tried them yet? Honestly they don't look like they would work very well. A normal blade has a larger opening that tapers down, these look like they would not catch the branch at all.

I'm not being negative, just making an observation. I am excited that they are selling blades for around $100, that's over half what Stihl charges for them.

Let us know how they work.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. studebaker48

I havent got them yet. they are on the way though. I had the same questions about the opening. We will see.
  8. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

subscribing for review of blades.
  9. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah me to, these sound interesting.
  10. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

they look cool, but one problem, it does not indicate which models of each company the blades fit. Like Stihl, they sell a 24 inch set of blades, but which model do they fit? A 24 inch blade on an HS45 is different than one on a HS75-85, the connecting rod differs for the cam in the gearbox.

But short of that I want to try a set out.