Aftermarket oil filter for Kohler 26 EFI on Walker

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Edgewater, Apr 20, 2005.

1. contourbs

contourbs LawnSite Member

there more money because GM has to pay to put there name on top of who really makes the filter, you dont really think gm makes there filters do you?

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

What makes the kohler filter better?

3. spence0064

spence0064 LawnSite Member

Kohler does not make their own oil filters!!!!!!!!!!

4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Its approved by Kohler to be used and its made espicially for that engine. Also if you had a new engine still under warranty and put an aftermarket filter on it, it would void the warranty.

5. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

The Kohler branded filter is the only one that can be used on most Kohler engines in Walker mowers.

Oldtimer

6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Thats simply not true. The only way they can do that is to give you the filters for free. Its the law.

7. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

My apology:

I was wrong about most Kohler engines in Walker mowers needing Kohler branded filters. I will do my homework better, I promise.

There are certain Walker Mowers that require a shorter filter because the rear wheel will contact the end of the filter and spin it off. I am not aware of the very short filter being available under any other brand or label.

Oldtimer

8. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Rotary corporation has a short filter for the command series engines,Its part # 5909. There is also Eadgewater Corporation that carries the short one.