Aftermarket pto clutch?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by fireman649, May 25, 2006.

1. fireman649

fireman649 LawnSite Member

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew if there is an aftermarket pto electric clutch made for the Hustler mowers. They are big money, around 250-300 here. I need one for a FH721V motor ona 72" hustler with a 25hp Kawi. Thanks for any help. Also, anyone know of any websites for Hustler parts besides mowpart.com?

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Thats about the price an aftermarket unit would be. Clutches are expensive. Hope you got lots of hours out of this unit. What makes you think your clutch is toast? You can usually adjust the airgap and revive the clutch.

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I checked the after-market companies I know of and they were 3 to 4 hundred, If you get the number off the old one you may check on ebay. I have seen a few mower parts stores on there selling clutches.

4. fireman649

fireman649 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies, Thats about the prices I've seen, I checked ebay, the same price. The clutch is toast, the little bearings fell out. The oem part # is 781039

5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I have replaced the bearings in the clutch on our Vermeer stump grinder a couple times and a couple other clutches over the years, As long as the electro magnet is good that may be a much cheaper option.