Aftermarket striping kits

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Baldwinslawnservice, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Baldwinslawnservice

Baldwinslawnservice LawnSite Member

I am interested in buying a striping roller kit for a hustler super z 66" and an exmark lazer z with a 60" triton deck. I have already purchased one for my 757 john deere and really like the way it stripes. The kit cost me over $300 and I was looking for a cheaper kit for my other two mowers. Can anyone tell me of an aftermarket company that makes these kits? I've considered making them but really don't have time. thanks

2. mlyons1

mlyons1 LawnSite Member

how big a cut is your john deere?thanking of getting a stripping kit myself.

3. Baldwinslawnservice

My john deere 757 is a 60" cut and I am very satisfied with the striping kit!

4. mlyons1

mlyons1 LawnSite Member

where did you purchase your stripping kit at?

5. Baldwinslawnservice

I just bought it at my local John Deere dealer, I think its the same price3 everywhere-$349.99.

6. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Check out your exmark dealer, cuase it should be about a $100 less than that at your dealer. for the exmark anyways

7. mlyons1

mlyons1 LawnSite Member

thank you for your replies

8. ODPM

ODPM LawnSite Member

Ok I'm going to jump on the striper questions. What's better for the scag mowers? The Big League or the Scag version? I can pin the scag up and I have a drop gate trailer so those are my two concerns. Any thoughts?

9. dobberjeff

dobberjeff LawnSite Member
    from Roy, UT

What is a stripper kit? What does it do? I,ve seen pics of what is called stripp:confuseding on here but it looks more like a way you mow rather than an accessory. From the pics I could not see a differnce between the way I mow and stripping. :confused:

10. hello, i made a stripping kit for my 60" super z from two metal strips and a piece of truck bedmat that i purchased at tractor supply co. i made it 35"x8" and bolted on rear of frame using the lower two hitch holes. works great and the rear tires do the rest of the stripping. i also cut my metal discharge chute down and made my own flexible discharge chute out of the bedmat also. all for around $55. good luck