Aftermarket tires and wheels.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by TonyG, Jun 17, 2007.

1. TonyG

TonyG LawnSite Member

Where are most buying there tires and wheels for skid steers? Or, are the OEM's the best place to shop?

2. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

talk to your local tire distributor, what ever brand tire they have is just as comparable to the original tires if not better...don't buy from the dealer, all they do is rip you off

where in PA are you?....if your close near me i can tell you who our company uses or who i personally have bought agricultural tires from...both good tire distributors

3. TonyG

TonyG LawnSite Member

Thanks, I'm an 1-1/2 hours north of you in Schuylkill County. I'll try somewhere local for the tires. How about Bobcat wheels, I'm going to have a second set and am I going to be tied into the dealer for those?

4. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

as far as rims go you probably would have to buy them from the dealer...however a lot of skidloaders have the same size rims so i might check ebay first...i got a few buddies up there in Schuylkill...Gordon to be excact, our tire distributor is based in lancaster so that might be a little to far for them to drive unless you will be buying a lot of tires off them

5. TonyG

TonyG LawnSite Member

Thanks again...Gordon is 15-20 minutes away, this is part of my coverage area, small world. I'll find the size of the rims on the A300 and start searching for them.