Aftermarket Tires for Dixie Choppers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by crosson lawn, Feb 27, 2005.

1. crosson lawn

crosson lawn LawnSite Member

I am rear tire shopping. I have a 2001 flatlander XF2400 50" deck. What has everyone else put on thier dixie's. Please include sizes and if you can where they can be bought and if you bought new rims where they can be bought as well.

Also in the same thread we might as well look for the front tires. Has anyone replaced the fronts with the foam filled tires and how do they work. If anyone has a good idea for the fronts please post.

2. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 2000 XW-2500 with the 11x22-8 tires. I really like the Carlisle TRAIL PRO's. They look like they are very aggressive, but they aren't as bad as the TURF TAMERS. They do, however, provide great traction and no more turf damage than any other tire.

3. crosson lawn

thank you i will check those.
    Are there any other combos??

4. crosson lawn

are u refering to the ones found at walmart? if so they look like turning would tear up more. how long have u had these on your machine??

5. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

6. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Right, you can get these very reasonably at Wal-Mart... if you don't mind dealing with a "LOW BALLER". Personally I really like their low prices on Carlisle tires --- way cheaper than Cedar Rapids Tire.

As far as looking aggressive, well they do look aggressive. But if you use any other tire (except the Turf Tamer), you will not have good traction on hills. So ask yourself, am I using my mower on hills? If not, you could get by with less aggressive tires. But less aggressive tires (including the Turf Boss) are not going to give you all-around performance when you need it. Just learn to turn slowly or make a 3-point turn, and you'll be quite okay.