Afternarket spindles for wright sentar RH 36"

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ed2hess, Jul 14, 2013.

1. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah i didn't think so, wright doesn't list a breakdown of spindle parts anymore for newer machines.

2. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Will these bolt right in and work without any modification?

3. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

That depends. What is it going in and have you done any measuring ?
    I needed to fine a replacement for our Lesco WB because I can no longer get the rebuild parts. I know that these and a few other brands will fit in the Lescos.

You need to find out over all height, will it mount below or on top of the deck, how much will hang under the deck.....

ericg likes this.
  4. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

It will be for a wright 36 rh

Should be the same spindle Ed Hess was replacing
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry I must have missed this. The newer ones have a shield up on the top bearing. The housings are completely different. When putting them into a Fixed deck machine they come with a spacer ring. A thin one for the small frame machines and a thick spacer for the large frame ones along with hardware. I would have to look at the drawing but I think they even mount on the opposite side of the deck. For the RH's and Sentar Sports there is no spacer ring but there are a couple washers to space the blade correctly since its not a through bolt on those. The offsets are quite different now(compared to the 71460007). Still only the 1 failure so far. Give it a few more years I guess...

Also I wanted to mention if you have a very old RH or Sentar Sport you might have 7/8" taper adapters for the pulleys. So if you get a 1" aftermarket spindle you will still need the adapter.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Here is a picture of one scag spindle used in sentar. You have to
    Cut that shaft to about 45mm. The rest is shimming to get the blade to exact height of the other blade. I used the 1.26" scag shim.

20140111_173217.jpg

20140111_180739.jpg

7. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

Just got a set of Scag spindles in on Friday, but it will be a month before I can get around to installing them.....

ericg likes this.