Again, part number confusion...PTO clutch this time.

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Keith, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I think I have one of those "in between" models, or maybe I just have too much info to look at. Anyway, my clutch has been acting up for some time, but I have a feeling that one day in the near future it's going to engage for the last time. It takes quite a bit of coercion to make it work when it's warm.

My serial number is 393,788 if I recall correctly. It's a 26 EFI. So I start looking at part numbers. Exmark QR shows 103-3246. Easy enough! But the online parts catalog shows that number and 103-3132 kit. Oh no...not a kit again! So I check out a dealer's website with an interactive parts section. It shows those same two numbers, but says they are for a 27 Kohler. For Kohler EFI is shows 103-4000 and 103-4057 kit. So, what do I really need?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Thanks for taking the time to write in...those mid-model year changes can really muddy the water. We couldn't initially get the 28 for the start of 2003, so we used 26's until they came in.

In reality all those P#'s are the same clutch.

103-3132: Is the clutch will superseded to the appropriate kit.

103-4000: Original 28EFI clutch kit, supersedes to 103-5835 which has a special pigtail.

103-4057: This is a kit that includes the strap, mounting hardware and to never needed.

103-3246: This is what you need. This has the clutch w/ pigtail and plastic ties for your machine.

It makes me happy that someone's actually using the QRP's!!

Remember, when all else fails, use the information the service people give ya!!!

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks Lenny.