1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Strawbridge Lawn, Feb 15, 2001.

1. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

This is a (Simplicity made) Rear Engine 14HP rider with a 34" cut and 12" turn radius. Mainly for residential use, but beefier and more expensive than the Deere model. Front thatcher avail also. Anyone here familiar with this or may
    use one as a backup or for tow behind attachments?
  2. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I guess few have heard or used this machine. For those interested, This Simplicity made unit is a Coronet model hydro with a 12" turn radius. They have 3 ZTR models which look similiar, but are powered to 18hp and cut 38-50". I am still battling the walk-behind VS rider issue to compliment/backup the LazerZ HP48, but an ECS 36" hydro Exmark W/B runs 4K after tax and kits.
    This unit has a 14hp hydro with a 34" deck, mulch kit, 6.5 BU 2 bagging system, front mount de-thatcher, and 36" tow core plug aerator for about $3,900 after taxes. Again, this is not my primary machine, but will give me the flexibility I need in narrow gated back yards (bag, aerate,thatch) that would otherwise force me to rent a machine or limit the services I can provide to customers.
    This may be of help to a startup guy in a similar situation looking for the delicate combination of ost-effectivness,and versatility, and durability.
    Comments welcome.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Do you have a dealer in your area that sells these? If so, ask for a commercial cutters phone # that uses one and call him about the durability of machine. I don't really know anything about them.