1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Agco Allis 48" deck 1316 Advice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mnsnow, Sep 18, 2007.

1. mnsnow

mnsnow LawnSite Member

Anybody know anything about these? I am looking at purchasing one with a bagger to do some cleanups. I know it has a 16hp Briggs (not too excited about that) but wonder how it operates on hills, mechanical issues, etc. I am used to Scags and Toro equipment but no clue about this one. Thanks
  2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

All I know about the Agco mowers is they were made by Simplicity. Never used one but have heard good things about them. I would say as long as you use it for what it is and don't expect too much it should work fine for you.
  3. mnsnow

mnsnow LawnSite Member

Thanks Travis,
    The Agco looks like it will work for a season - but like you say don't expect too much. I bought it for $750 with a spindle driven bagger. This will be my first season doing cleanups with a bagger. Hopefully the machine will last this season and it makes some money. It definitely is not "commercial" quality. The deck is light and the tires are undersized for any serious traction and apt to spin and damage the lawn. Just gotta make it through the fall .....
  4. mnsnow

mnsnow LawnSite Member

Well, I bought the thing and it works but it isn't going to go up any hills without tearing up the yard. The tires are undersized and don't get enough traction. Guess I learned something - no short cuts. I bought a bagger attachment for the surfer and will be happy with that.