Age does it matter

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by R.J's lawn Care, Mar 18, 2003.

1. R.J's lawn Care

R.J's lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from mid

im 17 and mow 55 lawns and one apartment what do you think i had many douters

2. stang358

stang358 LawnSite Member

I think that is GREAT. Are you still in school? If so what do you do about the early spring and the fall when you are in school?

3. Matt'slawncare

Matt'slawncare LawnSite Member

Well im 18, i think that no matter how old you are there will always be some people that will always think this way. People have told me that they would hire a younger kid over an older person any day because there out in the world trying to succeed. But there are always people that will pick some older person becuase they dont trust a kid doing work even though he may be alot better at what he does. I ask a question like this a few months ago, it might help to do a search.

4. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Just as long as you get an education IE high school diploma

5. dklawncare

dklawncare LawnSite Member

I am 20, in school, and just got married....where I would be without my business, who knows? Probably falling in the pits of peer pressure at college...

6. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

No age does not matter. The younger you start, the better. I was 14 when I started. If you have that many accounts now, keep growing and see where you are in 10 years. payup

7. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

I'm 22, with a college degree in horticulture, most people dont mind my age because they know i just got out of school 2 years ago. The younger you are now the better. In 10 years you can have a very sucessful business if you know how to treat your customers right.

8. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I'm 27, Well almost 28 but I still get carded for Copenhagen !
    The other guys are always saying that young kid is a pain in the a** but hey they can say what ever they want because I am really starting to hurt a few of them ! I just found out that I have acquired 2 good sized commercial accounts and so the young kid is moving on while they are standing around complaining about me. I will smile all the way to the bank !

9. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

First i like seeing 17 year olds out working and learning business skills and people skills instead of out smokeing crack or sitting in front of a video game.
    As long as you get the proper insurance and things of that nature i think its great your doing so well.
    As far as people's aditudes about your age the ones who have a problem with it screw em they can jump in the lake.
    Keep doing good dependable work and the word of mouth will keep your biz a growing

10. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Of course not. I'll stack my crew of toddlers up against anybody :D