Age of LS Irrigators

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Feb 2, 2009.

Age of LS Irrigators

1. 29 and under

18 vote(s)
  2. 30 - 39

12 vote(s)
  3. 40 - 49

16 vote(s)
  4. 50 - 59

4 vote(s)
  5. Just damn old - hee hee

2 vote(s)
  1. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

NO NO NO, especially not if its from Colorado!
  2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah... it's pretty strong Kool-Aid.
  3. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

I'm mixing kool-aid with someone's string trimmer in one of ML's cones.

Yeah, slow day.
  4. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I thought Colorado Kool Aid was only 3.2%
  5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

ROFL ... gotta love the south.
  6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Now that is a pretty good one. Although CO is possibly going to do away with 3.2% booze. Laws were changed for liquor stores, and last July they were able to start being open on Sundays. Now grocery and convenience stores are mad because their 3.2% sales are down over two thirds. So they are petitioning to get full strength into their stores, which would eliminate 3.2.

I don't want to see it. It will hurt a lot of mom and pop liquor stores. I was fine with liquor stores closed on Sundays too.

Our car dealerships are closed Sundays too. anyone else?
  7. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

Car dealers closed Sundays, not like it matters - no one's buying cars.

Not sure about liquor stores, I think they can open at noon on Sunday. I know groceries can't sell beer or wine until noon. Again, not such a big deal, most are fighting off Saturday night until about then anyway:laugh:
  8. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

I had never heard of the "3.2 flu" until I moved from KY to KS for college. The math works out to almost the exact same amount of alcohol. 3.2% "malt" beer is 3.2% alcohol by WEIGHT. 6% "regular" or "full strength" beer is 6% alcohol by VOLUME. It is/was a way to classify the difference between beer or wine and "hard" liquor. I don't think any of the CO crew here are old enough to answer, but was the drinking age in CO younger, way back when? I missed the cut off for drinking at 18 in KS by just a few months. It never stopped me. My KY DL was different enough they couldn't find my DOB and just let me into the bars anyway. I was 21 before I ever had a liquor store ask me for ID, unless you count that check I tried to write for about $150 of beer and burboun my second year at State :)

The brew 3.2% different than 6% to get/maintain the classification. I never really understood it, but the hangover hurts much worse from 3.2 beer.
  9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Yes it was 18 until sometime in the mid 80s or so. I missed the grandfathering in by about 2-3 years. We used to have some 3.2 bars for those between 18-21 during that period. I was able to get into many bars when I was 19 and 20 due to friends or "open back doors".

We had a good hard rock/metal club called DJs that was a 3.2 bar. I was able to make it in once for a concert.
  10. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

I'm 46, although my body is more like 56!