Age to get a license to fert.?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by emil35, Apr 2, 2006.

1. emil35

emil35 LawnSite Member

Hello:

I was just curious what was the age req. to get a license to spray? I've been in the mowing end of the game since I was 10. Now I'm 17 and I hope when I'm 18 I can get my license for that stuff. Also, how much does the spraying make? I heard it's quite a bit. Mowing is getting pretty cheap so I'm wanting to change directions. Thanks

2. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

18 in most states
    check with your dept of agriculture. all the info you need should be on their website

3. Fertboy

Fertboy LawnSite Member

Hi

I don't know your states laws, but most states as long as you are of legal age to work you should be fine. Many states require you to work for a company for a length of time before you can go on your own. There is money in lawn care applying pesticides, as long as you don't run your business as a "SCRUB" and lowball etc. If you do quality work,work hard,and are proffesional you should get paid well for it! Best thing to do is contact you state Dept of agricultures pesticide regulation division, they should fill you in on the laws.

Good Luck!!

4. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

My 17 year old just took the test in Landscapiing class at his school...

5. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

I think you can be 2 years old if you can pass the test. Check with your state to be sure.

6. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, in Ohio you have to be 16 years old and thats when I got mine back in the day, tell your son I said good luck. I just passed vertebrae animal control and aquatic and my brother passed perimeter pest, industrial veg control and something else.

7. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

got mine when I was 17:)