agents registration

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by 1stclasslawns, May 14, 2001.

1. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

In Arkansas you have to have a bachelors degree or 2 years experience in a related field to take the test. I have 17 months,with terminix, several years ago, (when we could still use clorinated hydrocarbons).I have a chance to get an agents registration under a fellow I have subcontracted for for 3 years. He is 1 1/2 hours away and I mow a place for him weekly, he now has an account of mine under contract but still not enough to come over here on a weekly basis, so he has offered to set me up as an agent to spray under his license.

I don't have any questions that are very pertinant at this present time but please excuse any "dumb" questions I may be asking in the near future. I know the only "dumb" questions are the ones unask.

After being here on the lawnsite forum from its inception I fell like a newby now.

There is only 1 company in town that applies legaly and its a pest control not a LCO. To my knowledge there are no licensed LCOs in town and that info comes from the state. I have seen several appling weed & feed, and almost all have a sprayer of roundup but none lincensed.

I see an open market as I have had several inquiries in just the past few weeks.

Ant coments or suggestions?

Jim

2. wd

wd LawnSite Member

One quick question ... where in Ark. are you located? I'm next door in Okla. and would like to find a new market.

Hey I'm just kidding.