AGGRAND natural fertilizer on trees ?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by User Name Taken, Oct 23, 2011.

1. User Name Taken

User Name Taken LawnSite Member

Anyone have experience with it ? I need to use it mixed in the water of my Tree I.V from Sayegrow (into the root ball). My trees are newly planted 2"-3 1/2" dia. pin oak, tulip poplar, and red maple. Thanks, Chris

2. User Name Taken

anyone... ?

3. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Fertilizig trees creates unnaturally rapid, weak, diseased proned brach and sucker growth...

4. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Inappropriate fertilization of trees may contribute to unnaturally rapid growth, and weak, disease prone branch and sucker growth.

5. User Name Taken

So your both saying not to ??? That goes against most of what I've read.

6. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

My statement was meant as a clarification. Many consider synthetic fertilizer as inappropriate for tree transplants. A natural fertilizer used at low rate is good, mixing some compost with soil is better. Even more important factors include choosing the correct tree(s) for the location and planting at the proper depth.

7. User Name Taken

I have been reading that natural (organic) fertilizer was better for transplants as it prevented root burn among other things. Can't seem to find anything local organic that matches or comes close to the 4-3-3 of the AGGRAND product. The soil I planted them in was some of the best around, and was cattle pasture up until 2 months ago. I planted them even with the top of the ground as the tag said to, making a basin for rain water.

8. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

I have had great luck with aggrand 4-3-3. i usually mix in some aggrand kelp with it, too.

9. User Name Taken

how do you apply it? I'm not finding anything close that list root ball injection as an application method.

10. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh