AGGRAND natural fertilizer on trees ?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by User Name Taken, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Do trees naturally grow inside a rootball where all the "Food" is at? or do they spread out an extract minerals from rock and sand particles hundreds of feet away? Seems to me that a cow pasture is plenty fertile fo a tree...

2. User Name Taken

User Name Taken LawnSite Member

Yea I've looked over that a few times and all I seen was about the golf courses.

Nursery Stock
    1 quart AGGRAND Natural Fertilizer, 1 pint AGGRAND Kelp and
    Sulfate of Potash and 10 gallons of water poured around the root
    ball at planting decreases the likelihood of transplant shock.
    Trees Showing Signs of Stress
    1 quart AGGRAND Natural Fertilizer, 1 pint AGGRAND Kelp and
    Sulfate of Potash and 10 gallons of water applied to the root zone
    stimulates feeder-root formation and nutrient uptake.

3. User Name Taken

Well, away from the rootball. I'm guessing I need to start there and get the roots growing out into the native soil; then water/fertilize out at the drip line.

4. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

5. User Name Taken

Finding organic fertilizer locally is harder than Chinese arithmetic

6. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

If you are planting in previously undisturbed cow pasture, you should be fine & your trees should live long and prosper. However, if the soil has been disturbed and compacted due to construction it would be best to add organic matter and a soil inoculant such as ICT Organic 1-2-3 Tree.

This will help rebuild the microbial life in the soil which will improve soil structure, nutrient cycling and plant vigor.

7. User Name Taken

It hasn't been disturbed/compacted except for my z-turn. I'll look up the product you mentioned for the others I'll plant once construction is done; I'll have moved and regraded the soil in that case.

8. User Name Taken

The product that sayegrow offers says use 1/2 oz per 5 gal every 8 weeks. Of course I can't find application rates for this Aggrand. Suggestions ?

9. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

http://www.aggrand.com/Store/Products/fertilizer.aspx

hover over photo of bottle and directions with app rates pop up.

They used to have a whole page devoted to lawn apps. It's prob still out there somewhere.

I no longer use it, but had good luck with it in years past. Still use the kelp, tho.

10. User Name Taken

Yea, I read that on my bottle but potted plans would be a bit different from trees. Plus I'd use a bottle on about 4 trees every application. I just wish the Amsoil rep would get back to me on this.