AGgrand Natural Fertilizer

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by DeepGreenLawn, May 5, 2008.

1. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Hmmm...

One of the guys here at the fire station sells synthetic oil and all that good stuff. I was talking to him today, telling him about the business and he brought up a product called, AGgrand Natural Fertilizer.

I was wandering if anyone has looked into this, heard of it, or has any comments. As far as I can tell, it should do the trick and save me and my customers ALOT of money if I am reading and running my numbers correctly.

Any thoughts are always greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Adam

2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Try it out it should work fine, there is nothing like experience
    It has a strong odor

3. DeepGreenLawn

how strong is strong? Will it run off my customers? I will probably use it on my own lawn first and see how it works.

4. ICT Bill

If I remember right they have a real small package too so it won't set you back much to try it out. If its the one I have on the shelf, it pretty earthy smelling, its the fish in it. It only lasts a couple of hours

Just tell your customers its the smell of the earth

5. DeepGreenLawn

LOL, the guy I am talking to is going to get me a small bottle to try. It should treat my tiny lawn 3 maybe 4 times so I should get a good idea of how it works. Being a liquid would it not be more of a foliar spray rather than treating the soil? or will the lawn turn it into good stuff for the soil? Could I mix in your ICT with it also or should they be seperate? You hear much feed back from it?

6. ICT Bill

If you look at the label it is basically Fish, Kelp, Blood meal and potash. Your dogs will become very interested in your yard after you spray it.

Yes you can mix it with our product, just more food for the good guys. If you apply it as a drench, meaning it is dripping off of the leaf, it will get down into soil and be doing a little plant feeding.

This is what you are trying to do to influence the soil to support more life, more life...... richer soil, richer soil..... nice turf, in the long run less inputs

7. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

hey, heads up, dont spray it in the after noon. raccoons will dig up every thing to find the fish. morning is good. and we have found that stinky stuff will stink less with molasses. or add some garlic.

8. DeepGreenLawn

thanks, I have a customer already having problems with rabbits and squirells digging up their lawn.
    I plan on using it as a drench, I take it I will probably have to get a new tank to use it in since I have been using my current one to apply weed killers and pre-ms.
    I would be tempted to give you a wet one if you tell me it would be alright to just clean out my existing tank. That would save me ALOT of money and allow more to go toward your product, if you get my point. But tell me the truth, not that I think you would tell me something just so I will buy your product, I'm probably going to buy it anyway.

9. DeepGreenLawn

So, should I go ahead and order it? Everyone has had good feed back and experiences with it?

10. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

yeah go ahead, the new-ish tank,should?? be able to be cleaned pretty well. you should rinse and clean every time.