1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Aggresive Advertisment

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by next12mj, Jul 21, 2007.

1. next12mj

next12mj LawnSite Member

I want to get enough yards for a full 8 hours work 4-5 days a week starting next season.

Is this aggresive enough
    500 flyers every weekend from Mid-Febuary to Late - May and this equals 8500 flyers by the time school is out.

Ads in Classifides , and Yellow Books

Late May run a flyer in the paper

Another question - How much do you pay for flyers
  2. next12mj

next12mj LawnSite Member

another question is

do you think $ 1,000 is too big of a budget just for advertisment
  3. next12mj

next12mj LawnSite Member

Anybody ???
  4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

You'll find that if you keep asking question after question like this, you will get less and less responses. People will tend to think you should start using the search feature, as these basic questions have been asked over and over.
    Not saying to NEVER ask questions, but doing a little reading on previous threads, won't hurt anyone.
    Good luck,
  5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

This statement puts into question your statement in another thread. You said you are going to school. Here, you want 8 hours of daily work (32-40/wk).

If you are going to school, then working 32-40 hr/wk is out of reason. If 32-40 hr/wk is your intent, then you are not very serious about school, either high school, or college.

Your intent from numerous posts in recent days is to draw upon observations of others who have gone before you. However, the population here will grow weary of providing information when your statements are seemingly contradictory. There must be more to your situation that you have not willingly shared.
  6. next12mj

next12mj LawnSite Member

i want to get that many during summer....

wile schools going on i would want maximum of 20 accounts
  7. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Keep dreaming kid.

Hey I'm schoolboy lawn care I want you to hir me to cut for you, but only during the slow growth months of the year. Sound good! Great sign here.
  8. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

if you want that many in the summer, then your gunna have to have that many in the school season. you cant just drop people.
  9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

1000 too much!!!! are you kiding i spent 3800 dollars on 35,000 flyers full color front and back full gloss they look like the bees knees so lets do some math i plan on paying 4 highschool kids (hopefully some blonde hotties) to go door to door in the spring so lets say each one can slap 120 flyers a hour. thats 480 a hour times a 8 hour day thats about 3840 a day if they dont slow down so i will have to pay them for about 9 days until they are done at 8 bucks a hour thats 2300 bucks then im adding drive time bs time and what not so i think that will double so lets say about 4600 for labor then 3800 for flyers thats 8400 total just for flyers. then add a 4000 dollar yelow page add abot 3g's for local papers and another couple g's for direct mailing. so i plan on spending about 12 grand to get a full 125 new accounts to keep my crew going for a 7 day week. and to tell you the dead honest truth i really dont think i will get 125 new accounts. tell me what you think. im very young to so i dont know to much but i can tell you the best info i get is not from lawnsite its from the industry mags, go to google and punch in landscape or lawn magazines they are all free and you will learn so much so fast no one will be able to hold you down . hope somthin helped in this!! :)
  10. next12mj

next12mj LawnSite Member

so lets look at it like this....

you start mowin in mid-april that only 1.5 months durning the school year

My senior year....after my first summer i am eligiable to take a class where you leave for half the day and work....that gives me another 3 hours during the day every other day

so i donno what should i do....not advertise so much