Agri-Fab nozzles

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Landude, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Landude

Landude LawnSite Member

I'm looking to find some decent spray nozzles for a 15 gallon Agri-Fab sprayer. I really wasn't happy with the nozzles out of the box so I order a few more from Agri-Fab. They pretty much sucked too. Spray is uneven and there is no way to adjust it properly. I remember seeing a link for nozzles on this site and I thought I had bookmarked it but nope, it's not there. And doing a search brings up pretty much everything. Can somebody point me in the right direction for decent nozzles?
    Thanks in advance.
    b

2. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

Is this a tow behind sprayer? I had an Agri-fab tow behind that had 80 degree nozzles. The nozzles were about way to close to the ground. The pattern didn't meet in the middle. What is wrong your nozzles/spray pattern? Buying more parts that are similar to what you already have may not help.

This place is cheap and fast. They have everything you will ever need for a sprayer.
    http://www.dultmeier.com/

3. Landude

Landude LawnSite Member

Yes it is a tow behind. I have the arms adjusted for proper overlap. It's just that the nozzle spray is not even. There is one or two areas on each jet where a stream is being sprayed while the rest of the spray is good. I think I'm going to replace the nozzles with TeeJet's.

4. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

I am sure you have checked already, but even a tiny speck of trash in a nozzle will cause a pattern like you mentioned. You could take a tip off and look through it in the light just to be sure.

If your boom is around 20" of the ground and your nozzles are 20" apart, get 110 degree nozzles. My sprayer came with 80 degree nozzles. Look at some low drift nozzles. Also, you can widen your boom and add more nozzles to spray twice as much at on time. You will have a LOT less skips.

5. Landude

Landude LawnSite Member

Yes nozzles are clear. Currently the arms are 14" off the ground and the nozzles are 38" apart. That is what the manual states. Do you see the 20/20 with the 110 nozzles working better?