agri fab vs lesco

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by matthew horner, Oct 4, 2004.

1. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

Ok. I'm in the market for a new spreader since my business has grown beyond my scotts capabilities!

Lesco, 400plus dollars.
    Agri fab, 100 plus dollars.

Is it worth the extra 3?, and why?, in your opinion.
    Thanks,
    Matthew

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Agri fab , bought by MTD lousy calabrations, cheap plastic, and cheaper gears.
    Can't comment on Lesco, but to tell you they are not made by lesco either. I would look into Spyker spreaders. Same price as lesco stainless steel, enclosed gears, nice units. And yes there worth the extra 3 hundred

Mac

3. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

I have the ari-fab 125. It's ok. Does the job. Would rather have a lesco or better brand but due to trying to keep cost down got the ari-fab for now. You have to be able to look at what you're spreading to know if it's right. A little experiance for that. Because of the calibration.

4. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

$100 agri = cheap homeowner spreader

$300 lesco= professional turf applicator model

I guess you gotta decided what are you, a homeowner,or part-time guy or a professional.

simple

I got a lesco I bought in 89 and another in 95, both spreaders work fine, and have millions of sq ft on them.

5. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

You know there are going to be some on here who will disagree and say spend more money right off for professional equipment, but I have an Agri-Fab ATV 175lb. . The difference is that this model (made for use with an ATV) has the controls up at the same height as the top of the bin so they can be controled from the high seat height of an ATV. I then lengthened the controls so I could run them off of my ZTR. I got the spreader on sale this spring for $146.00 and I love it.

6. matthew horner

I need a push (125 to 150lb) spreader. I'm solo, so I would'nt put it through the mill. Although, I appreciate quality, and would rather have a good product that will last than one that makes me work harder. Its just that agri fab is marketed (even through j-thomas) as "commercial". I have used neither. How much do the spyker's run?
    Matt

7. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

forget lesco, look at Anderson
    but it will cost you the same as a lesco

8. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I bought a Lesco in the spring of 2001 after looking at both and went with the Lesco since I get my fert. there and have had no problems with it we don't do a lot of applications but it works well for us.

9. matthew horner

Is anderson made by Reallyinnovations?

10. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I think I paid around 3 hundred for my spyker push got it on sale at Pecos its a 125 pd spreader.
    I have and still occasionally use my agri fab for fert apps for rd wk. The BIG difference is the ease in which they push, along with the quality.

Mac