Ah crap...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KS_Grasscutter, Apr 5, 2007.

1. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

This is REALLY bad. It is SNOWING here. Looks like it will be for a while too. This could pretty much kill the wheat, not to mention damage to trees that will occure.

Here are some pics. Also some pics of the mower I bought today. Traded my 44 inch for a 50 Inch Dixon, with 23 hp Kohler. I obviously haven't got to try it out much because it is frickin SNOWING. I DID get one lawn done about noon, then it started snowing. Mowed that lawn in the pouring rain last week, snow this week.

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Tht sucks! Its 80deg here
  3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

It WAS 80 here like last weekend...I sure liked that a lot better then this crap. It's like 31 here:(. Hope I dont have to dig my snow blower out of storage...
  4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I am not knocking that dixon but boy does it look cheap to me. The deck is all of what 2.5" deep and looks like thin metal? And those tiny little front casters and tires. Like I said im not knocking it because I have never used one but it looks almost like a homeowner mower to me. You obviously like them or you would have went with something different.
  5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

We have a bunch of snow here too. In fact it's pretty stormy our right now. I got a bunch of equipment out of storage in the barn and now it's covered with snow. I went out to do sme work on a trailer and just about froze my azz off. Back to the puter beside the stove for me. A week will help. I was supposed to go on a bike ride today.
  6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I hear you, its not snowing here but it cold around 35 and a couple of days ago it was in the upper 70s and 80s. I don't think it will last long since its getting late for this kind of weather.
  7. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

That looks just like jersey this morning, wish i had my camera because around here we had some snow showers and flurries all morning. Figure...80 degrees in december, 30 degree in april.
  8. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

We have had snow showers here all day today. Calling for some hard freezes the next couple of nights too. Local weather guesser just said in two weeks we will get another blast of cold air too. :cry: But I did go out this afternoon for about 3 hours and cut some yards. Temp got to 33 and I decided to go. I have about 15 yards left for the week and am hoping to get them done on Friday afternoon.

9. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Snow here to. Blows!
  10. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

that sucks. we arent getting any here in KC.