Ah, please call me. My basement is flooded

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, May 30, 2003.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Got a message at 6 this morning from a new client we started up on Tuesday. Said please call me, sprinkler system is broken and it flooded my basement. First thought was Oh ****! What did my tech do wrong. But then I new that he could not have missed a leak that would have flooded a basement.

Tech was scheduled to be back there today at 8 AM anyway to finish up. System is in poor shape. I showed up due to easy schedule today and my tech showed me where the poly mainline had come apart at a coupler. Looked like the pipe hadn't been put on over the barbs completely. The coupler was from a repair some other company did last year.

So then I thought to check the pressure. 160 psi!!! The pressure regulator had failed. So that is what had blown it apart. It could have been a poor repair as well though. Window well had almost completely filled up. Carpet was nasty.

So I'm glad I thought about it clearly before I jumped to conclusions about why the basement flooded.
  2. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

Thats alot of psi on poly I have charge poly at 125 and had it crack 1-3 feet right done the side I would say they were lucky.
  3. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

so who is responsible for the damage in the home?:confused:
  4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

No ones responsible or to blame. PRV went bad. **** happens once in awhile. Insurance is taking care of property damage. I got my check from the renter so I'm happy :)