1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ah. The perfect lawn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Mar 19, 2006.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Here's my example of a perfect lawn. Here's the background to my biz. When I started three years ago I had REAL LOW prices and BIG lawns. Now days I have better more competitive prices and smaller lawns (thank God). Well I have customers that want it cut every two weeks even though there's weeds and it grows like crazy every week. And the ones that are every week are BIG and underpriced. Well I was cutting a lawn for a real estate owner for a while but he sold the house. Then the neighbors which me and my family know give the new owner my number and told him to let me do it. I finally meet the owner and he says I left you a lot of messages and you never called. Oops. But he says I can do it every week and for a decent price. He said he hates lawns and he told me I could burn it. Well this guy is the perfect customer in my opinion. He doesn't care and I can do it without the person up your butt. My neighbor said yeah that was a good lawn. It's easy to do. I thought; yes, the perfect lawn.
  2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Yea I like the ones that let you do what you feel is necessary, they let you do your job rarley call and are NEVER up you Ass. I can appreciate someone like that.
  3. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Yes, they are nice. The people that say "You are the professional. Just tell me what we need, let me know how much, and we will do it.". They are great.
  4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

The ones that pay you without you even needing to give them a bill. Also, the ones that let you do whatever you deem necessary to maintain their property and allow you to charge accordingly.
  5. gslawncare

gslawncare LawnSite Member

Yadda Yadda, Ya'll sound like tired union workers

I personally love the challenge of a landscaper-conisuer type. They know everthing and are always right. And always provide the most steady work.

As long as you can keep up with them wanting you every 3-4 days, your paid.
    Install this, how much is this, how do you think this will work, what varieties are available.
    UH I love em, I wanna hump um in the ear.

EF those 2 week types. I'd rather plant a tree.
  6. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Yes I see what you mean, but for regular mowings, having them off your butt is good. The 2 week ones seem cheap.