AHH Backpacks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by K c m, Sep 20, 2006.

1. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

Just saying i recently picked up an Echo Backpack blower from the home depot (since i have the card :laugh: ) originally i was running a BG-65 by stihl and was getting tired of how long it took. Got this thing and it may not be as strong as some of the blowers but it made me $$$ love it.

secondly my mom noticed the house across the street (a $30 lawn) she says "my son will cut it for 10 bucks" :cry: well needless to say I did because my mom is cool and i figured what the hell ill make 3 bucks on the deal :dizzy: just a cool asss day.

NO need to reply. If you do cool if not cool :laugh:

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You're loosing money all the way around.... Way to go there Sport.

3. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

When I grow up, I want to be just like you - $10.00 yards. :weightlifter: :weightlifter:

4. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

if your mom is so cool, you should have let her cut the lawn for 10 bucks.

5. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

does your mom own your business? if not, then i'd tell her to get bent and not do my bidding. as a matter of fact i'd tell her to cut it herself since she thinks its a 10 dollar yard.

6. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

id like to be just like him! but im going to have to beat his prices! $8.99 a lawn, no matter the size!!!

7. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Next time ...tell your mom... "SHOW ME THE MONEY"!!!!!!!!!

8. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

10 dollar lawns, huh?
    i've been doing this awhile, and make an absolute killing on $10-13 lawns. my houses are close, but if i could get the $10 house alittle closer, i could cut 50 an hour.... no shiit.

i have this one block with 10 that are lined up, approx. 30 sqft each (curbs, 2' by 15'). one pass of each (and back with the 21"): 21" mower, edger, line trimmer down the out side. bill $100 for < 10 minutes worth of work.payup
    i wish i had a whole route of this, not to mention it gives the customer little time to come out and slow us down.
    what do you get for 300 sqft?

9. MarkintheGarden

MarkintheGarden LawnSite Bronze Member

What's a mother's son to do?
    In that situation you gotta back up your mom's word, or just explain to both (mom and customer) $10.00 does not buy a lawn mow!

Hey, you might give your mom the $3. profit and tell her to add it to her retirement package.

10. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

easy guys. Come on now. its right next door. Its annoying as he ll but whatever. Ill take the free meal that comes with being on the block :)